Hi Matilda, do you live in Sweden or did you travel here for the concert?
- I have just moved to Munich in Germany, so I have travelled here just for the concert, which I am very excited for.
Did you yourself choose the music piece that you are playing by Weinberg for your diploma concert?
- Yes I chose to perform this Concerto by Weinberg. I have always loved Shostakovich and been fascinated by music written during the Soviet period, so when I discovered this piece I just knew that I wanted to play it.
What's special about it?
- It is very cool - it contains a lot of quotations from other famous works and is very dark, sarcastic and ironic like a lot of Shostakovich’s music.
This is your second year at Malmö Academy of Music, how would you describe being a student with us?
- It's great! All the students and professors are so friendly.
How has it been having Håkan Hardenberger as your teacher?
- Having Håkan Hardenberger as my teacher is the best thing in the world. He makes you raise your own standards, and each time I come to Malmö for the masterclasses and lessons I feel like he makes me play my absolute best. And each time, my best is better than last time’s best.
Link to Matilda's concert, Nov 25, 19-21
Learn more about our Interpretation Diploma Programme
Läs mer om musikerutbildning interpretation diplom