Admission to Cantor, Bachelor's Level
UNIVERSITY DIPLOMA PROGRAMME IN CHURCH MUSIC • 120 CREDITS • 2 YEARS
Key dates for your application
- Sign up for the programme at www.antagning.se
Registration period: 1 December 2021 – 17 January 2022
- Last completion day to prove your eligibility is 25 January 2022.
- Early February, an invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
- Send your notes to the accompanist by regular mail to Malmö Academy of Music. We must receive the material no later than 10 February 2022.
- Admission test is conducted at Malmö Academy of Music during the first week of March 2022. The exact date and time are stated in the email you received in early February.
- Admission decision 1: 13 April 2022 on My pages at www.antagning.se
- Deadline for accepting your place through My pages at www.antagning.se is 26 April 2022.
- Admission decision 2: 11 May 2022 on My pages at www.antagning.se
The admission test consists of four parts. You will perform:
two shorter pieces of different character.
two optional chorales from the Church of Sweden's chorale book part 1. You must be able to sing along.
one or two chorales a prima vista.
an optional classical piano piece.
a simple a prima vista task.
an optional melody with chord analysis, e.g. a pop, rock, jazz, or gospel song. You are welcome to sing or play the melody together with your accompaniment.
In the invitation, you will receive a melody with chord analysis. You shall prepare an accompaniment (melody and chords) that you play on the piano.
two songs of different character that you choose yourself. You will perform them together with a piano accompanist. Malmö Academy of Music provides you with an accompanist for the test.
This part of the test includes basic knowledge in music theory, auditory theory and movement theory.
If you want an accompanist during the singing test, you must send in the notes by regular mail. We must receive the material no later than 10 February 2022.
Send the material to:
Malmö Academy of Music
200 41 Malmö
Mark the envelope 'Admission Cantor programme' and your name.
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se