Admission to Composition Diploma
MASTER’S PROGRAMME IN MUSIC • 120 CREDITS • 2 YEARS
Key dates for your application
- Sign up for the programme at Universityadmissions.se
Registration period: 1 December 2023 – 15 January 2024
- Last completion day to prove your eligibility is 25 January 2024.
- Upload your samples of work no later than 22 January 2024. Read more about content and format further down on this page.
- Assessment of samples of work. A jury assesses the samples of work and contacts the applicants who have passed for an interview. The invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
- Interview conducted online during the second week of March, 2024.
- Admission decision 1: 11 April 2024 on My pages at Universityadmissions.se
- Deadline for accepting your place through My pages at Universityadmissions.se: 25 April 2024.
- Admission decision 2: 7 May 2024 on My pages at Universityadmissions.se
SAMPLES OF WORK
You must upload:
- four-five (4-5) work samples in written form (scores as PDF files) with detailed notes. Include live or synth recordings (as MP3 files) with detailed recording notes. It is important that you submit both scores and sound files.
- a written text stating the goals you have with your studies.
- a CV/resumé detailing grades from previous studies, plus information on teachers, schools, level of previous studies and areas of specialisation.
- complete list of works and preferably also comments.
Please note that all samples of work must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than 22 January 2024.
- The admission test for Composition Diploma, Master’s level, consists of an online interview where the submitted samples of work are discussed. This is also an opportunity for you to talk about your musicality, your expectations of the programme and which skills you wish to develop further.
Instructions for uploading samples of work
- Make sure you have signed up for the programme you are applying for at Universityadmissions.se
- Save the audio and video files you want to submit in MP3 format (audio files) and MP4 format (video files). Name each file with title and number_your initials_date of birth (year/month/day). Separate the data with underscores.
Work samples: AP1_LaJo_990230 (In the example, the applicant is named Lars Jonsson and was born on 30 February, 1999)
Audition samples: SP1_LaJo_990230, SP2_ etc
- If you want to use links to YouTube, Soundcloud, your own website or similar as work samples, write full link names in a separate text document and save it as a PDF. Name the PDF file according to the following example: Links_LaJo_990230
- Save your other text documents as PDF too and name them with title_initials_date of birth.
Examples: CV_LaJo_990230, Plan_LaJo_990230 etc.
- Create a new folder on your computer and most importantly – name the folder COMPDIPL_your full name_date of birth (year/month/day).
- Put all your files in the folder and compress it into a ZIP file (do not use RAR files, we cannot open these). The folder must not exceed 5 GB.
- Click on the link further down this page for uploading samples of work.
- Upload or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Enter the same email address you used when you made your registration at Universityadmissions.se
- You will receive a confirmation message directly in the browser when the upload is complete, do not close the browser until you have received it.
- If you have problems uploading your work samples, please contact us via email: admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se (admissions[at]mhm[dot]lu[dot]se)
Please note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete and that they are submitted in the correct format and that any links lead to the correct location. Never send your work samples to the admission email. They will end up in the wrong place and your application will not be considered complete.
In order to meet the entry requirements for a Master’s programme you have to be able to demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent at the beginning of the term.
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se (admissions[at]mhm[dot]lu[dot]se)