Admission to Master’s Programme, Interpretation Diploma
Key dates for your application
- Sign up for the programme at www.universityadmissions.se
Registration period: 1 December 2021 – 17 January 2022
- Last completion day to prove your eligibility is 25 January 2022.
- Upload your work samples (Round I) no later than 25 January 2022. Read more about content and instructions for uploading further down on this page.
- Assessment of work samples (Round I). A jury assesses the work samples and contacts the applicants who have passed to Round II. The invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
- Upload your work samples (Round II) no later than 23 February 2022. Read more about content, recording quality and format further down on this page.
- Admission decision 1: 13 April 2022 on My pages at www.universityadmissions.se
- Deadline for accepting your place through My pages at www.universityadmissions.se 26 April 2022
- Admission decision 2: 11 May 2022 on My pages at www.universityadmissions.se
When applying for this programme, you must upload work samples via the link below. Please read the instructions on how to do this further down on this page before you start.
In order to apply for the Performance programme Interpretation Diploma you must have completed basic music education in addition to having a broad and extensive repertoire.
SAMPLES OF WORK
Upload the following work samples:
- CV including previous music studies and a description of current musical activities (format: PDF)
- Complete repertoire list (format: PDF)
- Admission test repertoire list: You must prepare a 40-minute programme that clearly demonstrates your musical and artistic level which will be used for the admission test (Round II). The repertoire should reflect different stylistic epochs and at least one of the pieces must contemporary.
Audition repertoire list (writable PFD 265 kB, new tab)
The work samples (Round I) must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than 25 January 2022.
A jury assesses your uploaded work samples and approved applicants are invited for Round II. The invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
SAMPLES OF WORK
- Upload video recordings where you perform your Admission test repertoire list. Different pieces/movements can be recorded in different shots/video recordings.
The work samples (Round II) must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than 23 February 2022.
Instructions and criteria for videos
In order for the video recordings to be approved as a basis for assessment, you must follow the instructions below:
- Start your video recordings by identifying yourself – film your ID or passport, and your face. State which piece you will perform.
- Your face, hands and instrument must be visible at all times.
- Perform and record one (1) piece/audition task per film. No clips or other technical edits are allowed.
- The sound should be of good quality, recorded with the microphone in your mobile phone or with a room microphone, without too much room acoustics and without distortion and noise.
- The video recordings must have good image quality with good contrast and light.
- You must upload the recordings in MP4 format. Other file formats are not allowed. Your folder with work samples must not exceed 5 GB.
If these instructions are not followed or if we suspect that the video files have been modified, your submitted samples of work may be assessed as invalid.
Instructions for uploading work samples
- Make sure you have signed up for the programme you are applying for at www.universityadmissions.se
- Save the videos you want to submit in MP4 format. Name each file with a title, your initials and date of birth - use the first two letters of your first and last name and the year / month / day format for your date of birth. Separate the data with underscores.
Video1_LaJo_990230_PERFSTUD (In the example, the applicant is named Lars Jonsson and was born on 2 February in 1999. He is applying for Performance Studies – Western Art Music. The next file is called Video2_LaJo_990230_PERFSTUD etc.)
- Create a new folder on your computer. Name the folder with the abbreviation PERFSTUD_your instrument_your full name_date of birth (year / month / day).
- Put all your files in the folder and save it on your computer.
- Compress your folder into a ZIP file (do not use RAR files, we cannot open these). The folder must not exceed 5 GB.
- Open the link for uploading samples of work. You will find the link at the bottom of this page.
- Download or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Use the same email address as when you made your registration at www.universityadmissions.se.
- When the upload is complete, you will receive a confirmation directly in the browser. Do not close the browser until the upload is complete.
- If you have problems with the upload of your samples of work, please contact us via email admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
Please note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete according to the audition information, that they are submitted in the correct format and are playable. Never send your samples of work to the admissions email. They will end up in the wrong place and your application will not be considered complete.
Upload your work samples (Round II) here no later than 23 February 2022.
In order to meet the entry requirements for a Master’s programme you have to be able to demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent at the beginning of the term.
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se