Admission to Arranging/Composition – Jazz, Bachelor's Level
Performance Programme in Music
Key dates for your application
- Sign up for the programme at www.antagning.se
Registration period: 1 December 2021 – 17 January 2022
- Last completion day to prove your eligibility is 25 January 2022.
- Upload your samples of work (Round I) no later than 25 January 2022. Read more about content and format further down on this page.
- Assessment of samples of work (Round I). A jury group makes an assessment of the samples of work (Round I) and then calls the applicants who have approved samples of work for Round II. The invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
- Round II will be conducted at the Malmö Academy of Music, week 10, 2022. The date and time will be stated in the invitation.
- Admission decision 1: 13 April 2022 on My pages at www.antagning.se
- Deadline for accepting your place through My pages at www.antagning.se 26 April 2022
- Admission decision 2: 11 May 2022 on My pages at www.antagning.se
The admission is made up of two rounds. In order to be offered a place at Malmö Academy of Music you need to get a pass on both your work samples and the audition. You also need to pass other qualifying tests.
WORK SAMPLES (Round I)
You must upload:
- four-five (4-5) representative samples of work in written form (scores as PDF files) with detailed notes. Include live or synth recordings (as MP3 files) with detailed recording notes. It is important that you submit both scores and sound files.
- a written text stating the goals you have with your studies.
- a CV/resumé detailing grades from previous studies, plus information on teachers, schools, level of previous studies and areas of specialisation.
- complete list of works and preferably also comments.
All samples of work must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than 25 January 2022.
ADMISSION TEST (Round II)
The admission test takes place at Malmö Academy of Music during the second week of March.
- The written test for Arranging/Composition – Jazz Specialisation, Bachelor’s level consists of a test in two parts: arranging and composing, as well as a theory test in two parts: music theory (jazz) and music notation. A written aural test must also be completed.
- During the interview the submitted work samples will be discussed. You must be able to describe your creative process, your expectations of studying at the programme and which skills you wish to develop further.
- During the interview you will also perform a short piano piece of your choosing.
OTHER QUALIFYING TESTS
Information about other qualifying tests
Instructions for uploading work samples
- Make sure you have signed up for the programme you are applying for at www.universityadmissions.se
- Save the 4-5 scores you want to submit as PDFs and name each file with title_your initials_date of birth (year / month / day). Separate the data with underscores.
Example: Part1_LaJo_990230 (In this example the applicant is named Lars Jonsson and was born on 30 February, 1999)
- Save the audio files you want to submit in MP3 format and name each file with title, initials and date of birth.
- If you want to use links to YouTube, Soundcloud, your own website or similar as work samples, write full link names in a separate text document and save it as a PDF. Name the PDF file according to the following example: Links_LaJo_990230
- Save your other text documents as PDF too and name them with title_initials_date of birth.
Examples: CV_LaJo_990230, Plan_LaJo_990230 etc.
- Create a new folder on your computer and most importantly – name the folder with the abbreviation of your full name_date of birth (year / month / day). Example: LarsJonsson_990230
- Put all your files in the folder and compress it into a ZIP file (do not use RAR files, we cannot open these). The folder must not exceed 5 GB.
- Click on the link further down this page for uploading work samples.
- Upload or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Enter the same email address you used when you made your registration at www.universityadmissions.se
- You will receive a confirmation message directly in the browser when the upload is complete, do not close the browser until you have received it.
- If you have problems uploading your work samples, please contact us via email: admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
Please note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete and that they are submitted in the correct format and that any links lead to the correct location. Never send your work samples to the admission email. They will end up in the wrong place and your application will not be considered complete.
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se