Other qualifying tests
Performance Programme in Music – Bachelor's Level
Here you will find important information about the Other qualifying tests that you need to do in connection with the entrance exams.
In order to be eligible for a study place in your chosen Bachelor's Programme at the Malmö Academy of Music you will need to have passed the following tests:
- Music Theory Test (music vocabulary, music theory and aural theory)
- Piano Test (only for applicants to Symphony Orchestra Instrument/Recorder/Vocal, classical specialization)
Music Theory Test
This year, the MT test (music theory test) will be conducted digitally in Canvas during week 10. To complete the test, you need to have access to a computer. More information to follow.
- You should do the Music Theory Test, only if you have passed the first round of the admissions test in your main subject, the result of which you will receive after the completion of the first round.
- You will have only one chance of completing the Music Theory Test for each application year.
- The Music Theory Test will be graded either passed or failed, and all three parts must be passed to be eligible for a study place.
For passing the Music Theory Test you will need to:
- Show fundamental knowledge of music vocabulary
- Show fundamental aural skills, such as notating music examples
- Show fundamental skills in music theory, such as harmonic analysis, voice-leading and composing of a second voice/line.
Aural theory – complete audio-file (Please note! In the aural theory-part, each task is preceded by a instruction, which is in Swedish in the audio-file, as it will do when you are auditioning at the Malmö Academy of Music.)
Aural theory seperate audio-files
Aural practice test in English
For applicants to Symhony Orchestra Instrument/Recorder/Vocal (classical specialization)
- The Piano audition is obligatory for all candidates for the Bachelor's programmes, classical specialization (with exception for guitarists, pianists, harpsichordists, world musicians and jazz musicians).
- You are eligible to do the Piano Test, if you have passed the first round of the admissions test in your main subject, the result of which you will receive after the completion of the first round.
No later than March 5, 2021 you upload video recordings where you perform:
- a self selected piece
- a compulsory piece Download sheet music here
Please note! You upload your video recordings for the piano test in the same folder as your other samples of work for Round II.
For questions about admission to the Performance Programmes
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se