Performance Programme in Music
Opens for registration December 1, 2020
You apply at www.universityadmissions.se. With your application, you must attach samples of work according to the information that can be read in the audition information. You upload your samples of work to the Malmö Academy of Music via the link below. Read the audition information carefully so that you send the correct documents and that these are in the correct format. In order for your application to be seen as complete, all files and documents must be uploaded according to the instructions no later than February 25, 2021. After this date, your application will be handled as late registration and you may then miss your opportunity to be offered a place.
Samples of work
This year, the audition is carried out digitally by you submitting samples of work in the form of video recordings. Read more about recording quality, format and time frames further down this page.
- You submit video recording/-s where you perform at least three compositions of your choice contrasting in character, maximum 30 minutes of music in total. The recordings must be uploaded to the Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than February 25, 2021.
Instructions and criteria for videos
In order for the video recordings to be approved as a basis for assessment, you as an applicant must follow the instructions below:
- Read the audition information carefully to the program and instrument you are applying for to know which pieces and/or audition tasks you need to record and upload.
- Start your movies by identifying yourself - film your ID (or passport) and your face. You must also clearly state which piece you will perform on each recording. For the films to be considered valid, your face and hands must be visible at all times. You and your instrument must be in focus during the whole video.
- Perform and record (1) piece/audition task per film. Each film may be a maximum of 6 minutes long and must be completed in continuous shooting. No clips or other technical edits are allowed. The total playing time of your movies should not exceed 12 minutes (unless otherwise stated in the audition information).
- The sound should be of good quality, recorded with a microphone in your mobile phone or with a room microphone, without too much room acoustics and without distortion and noise.
- The video recordings must have good image quality with good contrast and light.
- The recordings must be uploaded in the following permitted file formats: MP4 or MOV. Other file formats are not allowed.
If these instructions are not followed or we suspect that the video files can somehow be assumed to have been modified, your submitted work samples may be assessed as invalid.
Instructions for electronic uploading of work samples
Check that you have signed up for the program you are applying for at www.universityadmissions.se
Collect the video files you want to submit. Save them in MP4 or MOV format. Name each file with title, your initials and date of birth - use the first two letters of your first and last name and the year/month/day format for your date of birth. Separate the data with underscores. The files are named according to the following example:
Video1_LaJo_990230_MAS (In the example, the applicant is named Lars Jonsson with date of birth 990230 who is applying for a Master's program. The next file is therefore called Video2_LaJo_990230_MAS etc.)
Create a new folder on your computer. Name the folder with the abbreviation MAS_your full name_date of birth (year / month / day). Example: MAS_LarsJonsson_990230
Put all your files in the folder and save it on your computer.
Open the link for uploading work samples. You will find the link at the bottom of this page - Upload your work samples here
Download or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Enter the same email address as when you made your registration at www.universityadmissions.se. Upload!
When the upload is complete, you will receive a confirmation directly in the browser. Do not close the browser until the upload is complete.
If you have problems with the upload of your work samples, please contact us via email to admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
NOTE! It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete according to the audition information, that they are submitted in the correct format and are playable. Never send your work samples to the admissions email. They will end up wrong and your application will not be considered complete.
Upload your work samples here no later than February 25, 2021.
Key dates for your application
January 22: Last completion day to prove your eligibility
February 25: Last day to upload your samples of work
April 13: Admissions results published
April 28: Last day to reply to your offer
For questions about admission to the Performance Programmes
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
Please note, that to meet the entry requirements for Master’s Level, you have to be able to demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent at the beginning of the semester.