Performance Programme in Music
Opens for registration December 1, 2020
You register at www.antagning.se. With your application, you must attach samples of work according to the information that can be read in the audition information. You upload your samples of work to the Malmö Academy of Music via the link below. Read the audition information carefully so that you send the correct documents and that these are in the correct format. In order for your application to be seen as complete, all files and documents must be uploaded according to the instructions no later than January 25, 2021. After this date, your application will be processed as late registration and you may then miss your opportunity to be offered a place.
The audition takes place in two rounds. In order to be offered a place, you need, in addition to a passing grade on your samples of work and audition, also to have passed results on other qualifying tests.
When you apply for the Individual Programme, you must submit samples of work as a basis for assessment. The following parts are included in the material that you must submit:
- Audio or video files: 3-4 own recorded music examples that represent your musical area and your focus (format: MP3 for audio files, MP4 or MOV for video files). You can also send a link to Youtube, own website or similar.
- Description of the sounding samples of work (PDF) with answers to the following questions:
– Who composed the music?
– Who performs the music?
– What is your role in the music on the recordings (own group/sideman)?
– In what context is the work sample taken from? (own recording, project report, concert, rehearsal, phonogram etc)
- Possible sheet music (and/or score) on composed material (format: PDF)
- CV of musical background and current musical activity (format: PDF)
- A detailed description of the focus and purpose of the studies at the Malmö Academy of Music. Describe which subjects and study areas you see as desirable for your course of study throughout your study period, 3 years. The description must also include information about your networks and future goals (format: PDF).
Make sure that the audio and video files are fully playable and that you submit them in the formats requested and that any links lead to the right place on the web. Audio files submitted by e-mail or other electronic transmission method than the one in question are not accepted. Submitted work samples/documents were not returned.
The samples of work must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than January 25, 2021.
A jury group makes an assessment of the work samples received and then calls the applicants who have approved samples of work to a second round that takes place at the Malmö Academy of Music. The invitation is sent to the e-mail address you provided when you made your application. The invitation contains information on the date, time and place of the auditon.
During the second round, you complete a instrumental performance/audition. In connection with the audition, you also do a qualifying test in music theory (MT). The entrance exam is adapted to the applicant's instruments and specialization.
- You perform 2-3 pieces of your own chosen repertoire that clearly represent your area both musically and in terms of playing. The music is performed in the form that best suits you. However, the Malmö Academy of Music is not responsible for any accompaniment group.
- Oral presentation of study plans and study goals.
OTHER QUALIFYING TESTS
Information about other qualifying tests
Instructions for electronic uploading of work samples
Check that you have signed up for the program you are applying for at www.antagning.se
Choose the audio-/videofiles you want to submit. Save them in MP3 format (audio files) and MP4 or MOV format (video files) and name each file with title_your initials_date of birth (year/month/day). Separate the data with underscores.
Example: Title1_LaJo_990230 (In the example, the applicant is named Lars Jonsson born February 30, 1999)
If you want to use links to YouTube, Soundcloud, your own website or similar as work samples, write full link names in a separate text document which you then save as a PDF. Name the PDF file according to the following example: Links_LaJo_990230
Save your other text documents in PDF formats and name them with title_initials_date of birth according to the following examples: CV_LaJo_990230, Plan_LaJo_990230 etc.
Create a new folder on your computer and MOST IMPORTANT - Name the folder with the abbreviation INDSTU_your full name_date of birth (year/month/day).
Put all your files in the folder and save it on your computer.
Open the link for uploading work samples. You will find the link at the bottom of on this page - Upload your work samples here
Download or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Enter the same email address as when you made your registration at www.antagning.se. Upload!
When the upload is complete, you will receive a confirmation directly in the browser. Do not close the browser until the upload is complete.
If you have problems with the upload of your work samples, please contact us via email to admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
NOTE! It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete according to the description, that they are submitted in the correct format and are playable and that any links lead to the correct location. Never send your work samples to the admissions email. They will end up wrong and your application will not be considered complete.
Upload your work samples here no later than January 25, 2021.
Key dates for your application
January 15: Last day of application. Sign up for the programme at www.antagning.se
January 22 : Last completion day to prove your eligibility
January 25 : Last day to upload your samples of work
Beginning of February: Invitation to audition to the e-mail address provided in your application
March 8-14: Auditions – Round II, for applicants with approved samples of work
April 13: Admissions results published
April 28: Last day to reply to your offer
For questions about admission to the Performance Programmes
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se