Music Teacher Education
At the Music Teacher education in Malmö we offer a number of courses for our exchange students.
As an exchange student you can apply for studies during the Autumn semester or for the whole Academic year. We offer no admission during Spring Semester only.
When applying you need to state in which genre you want to study. The genres/specialisation are:
Jazz, Folk/worldmusic, Pop/Rock, Classical, Singer-songwriter, Vocal mixed genre. Your Audition videos decides if you will get admitted to your applied genre.
How to proceed:
- You choose courses from the list below, Elective courses (the number of courses can vary between 5-8 courses)
- You enter the desired ECT’s points for each course
- You communicate this with your Home University so it match your study plan
- You state the selected courses in your Learning agreement. Your Learning Agreement is the basis from which we plan your exchange studies.
When arriving at the Academy of Music we will be able to do some adjustments in your studyplan, if needed.
If you wish to study a subject not listed below, please contact us and we will see if it is possible to make an individual solution.
- Main Instrument: group lesson
- Ensemble / Chamber music: group lesson within chosen genre/specialization
- Theory / Composition: group lesson
- Ear training: group lesson
- Chord instrument: individual lesson, state guitar or piano
- Vocal (secondary subject): individual lesson
- Choral singing / leading: group lesson
- Chamber Choir: group lesson
- Concert project: group lesson
- Classrum didactics: group lesson
- Introductory internship: group lesson
- World music ensemble, basic level: group lesson
- Rock/pop ensemble, basic level: group lesson
- Eurythmics & Drama: group lesson
- Composition seminar: group lesson
If you have any further questions, please contact:
sara [dot] engblom [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
Courses for exchange students:
January 1 - March 15
Special Area Studies:
March 14 - April 15 (autumn semester)
September 15 - October 15 (spring semester)
Please note that you must be nominated for an exchange by your home university before beginning an application