Exchange Studies | incoming students
Welcome to Malmö Academy of Music!
Malmö Academy of Music forms part of the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts at Lund University. But, as the name indicate, we are located in the city of Malmö. Each year around 1450 students study with us, some take independent courses, but the majority are enrolled in a programme at one of our two departments; Performance Studies and Music Teacher Training.
- Read more about Performance Programmes in Music and Church Music
- Read more about Music Teacher Training Programme
At Malmö Academy of Music you will find an international and dynamic study climate thanks to our various collaboration agreements, guest teachers and student exchanges.
- Your home university must have a formal agreement for exchange studies with Malmö Academy of Music (Lund University).
- Your home university must nominate you to an exchange with us before you start your application.
- You must have sufficient knowledge of English. It is recommended that your level of English is equivalent to IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90. Please check with your home university regarding the required levels to be nominated for an exchange to Lund University.
- You need to apply for (a) course/s within the same field of studies that you are studying at your home university (Performance Studies or Music Teacher Training).
The nomination period for all students (Performance Studies and Music Teacher Training) who want to do an exchange with us during a semester in autumn/spring or full academic year is 15-31 March. The application period is between the 1-15 April.
Second admission round
Students interested in applying for Performance studies can also apply during 1-25 October (nomination period: 15-30 September) but there is a smaller chance of getting admitted since these places normally fill up before summer.
We use an application system called SoleMOVE.
- The coordinator at your home university needs to nominate you in SoleMOVE before you can start your application.
- After the nomination you will receive an email with application instructions.
- Once you get accepted, you need to set up a Learning Agreement in the system that your Home University use (ask your coordinator), where you state the courses you have chosen.
- Read more about the different departments and available courses at:
- Before you arrive (LU)
- Arrival Days and Orientation Weeks (LU)
- Practical info for New Students at Lund University (LU)
- Health and Insurance (LU)
- Apply for accommodation in Malmö (LU)
- Other accommodation options: Bopoolen or MKB
- Student rights and guidelines (LU)
- Academic Calendar and public holidays (LU)
- Take a virtual tour around the University areas in Lund and Malmö
- As a student at Malmö Academy of Music you get discounts and free tickets to several of Malmö's cultural institutions
- You can travel by bus and train on a student ticket, more information at Skånetrafiken.se
Nominated exchange students apply during 1-15 April.
Special Area Studies:
- 1-15 April (Autumn semester)
- 1-25 October (Spring semester)