Exchange Studies | incoming students
Welcome to Malmö Academy of Music!
Malmö Academy of Music is part of the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts at Lund University. The academy is located in Malmö and each year around 800 students study with us. Some come for our independent courses, but the majority are enrolled in a programme at one of our two departments - Performance Studies and Music Teacher Training.
We have a well-developed internationalisation programme and thanks to various collaboration agreements with partner universities around the world, Malmö Academy of Music offers an international and dynamic study environment.
- Your home university must have a formal agreement for exchange studies with Malmö Academy of Music (Lund University).
- Your home university must nominate you to an exchange with us before you start your application.
- You must have sufficient knowledge of English. It is recommended that your level of English is equivalent to IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90. Please check with your home university regarding the required levels to be nominated for an exchange to Lund University.
- You need to apply for (a) course/s within the same field of studies that you are studying at your home university (Performance Studies or Music Teacher Training).
The nomination period for all students (Performance Studies and Music Teacher Training) who want to do an exchange with us during a semester in autumn/spring or full academic year is 15-31 March. The application period is between the 1-25 April.
Second admission round
Students interested in applying for Performance studies can also apply during 1-25 October (nomination period: 15-30 September) but there is a smaller chance of getting admitted since these places normally fill up before summer.
We use an application system called SoleMOVE.
- The coordinator at your home university needs to nominate you in SoleMOVE before you can start your application.
- After the nomination you will receive an email with application instructions.
- Once you get accepted, you need to set up a Learning Agreement in the system that your Home University use (ask your coordinator), here you state the courses you have chosen.
- Read more about the different departments and available courses at:
Other accommodation options:
Nominated exchange students apply during 1-25 April.
Special Area Studies:
1-25 April (Autumn semester)
1-25 October (Spring semester)