Exchange Studies | incoming students
Welcome to Malmö Academy of Music! We are delighted that you want to study here.
The criterias for an exchange with us are:
- Your home university have a formal agreement for exchange studies with Malmö Academy of Music (Lund University).
- Your home university nominates you to an exchange (before you start your application).
- You must have sufficient knowledge of English. It is recommended that your level of English is equivalent to IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90. Please check with your home university regarding the required levels to be nominated for an exchange to Lund University.
You apply through the online application system EASY Dream Apply. Be prepared to upload a 20-minute recording or video with pieces in different styles, a CV, Transcript of Records and a personal letter.
Malmö Academy of Music has inter-institutional agreements with:
- NHAC VIEN HANOI, Vietnam National Academy of Music in Hanoi
- ICLA - College of International Liberal Arts, Yamanishi Gakuin University, Japan
- University of Montana, USA
Send your application form together with a recording or portfolio, a motivation letter, Transcript of Records and a CV to international [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se.
Send your application via SoleMove to Lund University. Also send an application form, recording or portfolio, a motivation letter, Transcript of Records and a CV separately to international [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se.
Lund University offers an introductory course in Swedish for exchange students. We recommend all international students to sign up for this course. Please put it in your application if you are interested. The course gives you 3 ECTS points on top of the 30 ECTS points you get for your Music Courses.
Everything you need to know before arriving
Other accommodation options:
Courses for exchange students:
January 1 - March 15
Special Area Studies:
March 14 - April 15 (autumn term)
September 15 - October 15 (spring term)
Please note that you must be nominated for an exchange by your home university before beginning an application.