Malmö Academy of Music offers its current students a wide range of scholarships aimed at different musical specialisations.
The scholarships intend to contribute to our students’ continued artistic development by enabling, for example, further education or the purchase of a new instrument.
The distribution of the scholarships is decided by the Academy Management in consultation with subject boards, individual teachers or donors/representatives. The evaluation is usually not based on a particular audition but covers the overall study performance.
The evaluation is based on the following principles:
- great emphasis is placed on study results and how the scholarship contributes to the student's development
- great emphasis is placed on the purposes and motives presented in the application
- all students, regardless of the field of study, should have the same possibility of becoming a scholarship holder
- all students, regardless of grade can apply, but those who are at the end of their education are prioritised
- Previously received scholarships do not prevent re-applying
Everyone who apply for a scholarship will be notified of the result. However, applications submitted outside the application period will not be considered. Most scholarships are announced and awarded at the closing ceremony in June, when donors or representatives of foundations are invited.