Malmö Academy of Music is a leading education and research institution in the field of music.
We offer a creative and stimulating educational environment where students are prepared for a career as professional musicians, composers, church musicians or music teachers. Our research program conducts research in music and music pedagogy on an artistic and scientific basis.
Malmö Academy of Music has a clear international profile, which is reflected in our extensive network of partner institutions, guest lecturers, teacher and student exchanges and recruitment.
We form part of the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts at Lund University, which is repeatedly ranked as one of the world's top 100 universities.
At a glance
- 450 enrolled in programmes
- 1000 studying independent courses
235 employees - 190 educators, ten doctoral students and 35 technical/administrative staff.
105 million SEK in revenue.
An inclusive and collaborative institution with high educational quality.
- Malmö Academy of Music is an open and dynamic workplace characterised by an inclusive environment that welcomes musical and cultural diversity. We are based on democracy, participation and respect for differences and equal value.
- Students and staff take great personal responsibility in a learning environment that is characterised by high ambitions. Subject knowledge, artistic practice, craftsmanship and pedagogical openness are the main foundations for high quality education.
- Malmö Academy of Music aims to develop the role of music in society through collaborations. We aim to be an influential voice in music and cultural life, the public debate, and the scientific community.