Performance Studies – Répétiteur
INDEPENDENT COURSE | 1 year | 60 ECTS CREDITS
Performance Studies – Historical Performance Practice for String Instruments is a one-year independent university course at advanced level to meet the needs of pianists with a high artistic level and ability. The course aims to prepare you for a professional career as a répétiteur in opera and musical theater.
You will be offered teaching in piano, recitative and score playing, conducting and ensemble conducting, singing, harpsichord and music history. You will also be given the opportunity to meet visiting coaches, singers, répétiteurs and conductors connected to Malmö Opera's current repertoire.
How to apply
Important dates for your application
- Apply for the course on Universityadmissions.se
Application period: October 17, 2022 – January 16, 2023
- Last completion day to prove your eligibility is 25 January 2023.
- Invitation to admission test is sent to the email address provided when you made your application.
- Admission test will take place at Malmö Academy of Music week 10, 2023. Date and time will be provided in the invitation.
- two pieces of solo music you choose yourself. One piece should be a fast movement from a classic style sonata, and the other one a piece from the romantic period.
- one obligatory opera aria which is performed together with a singer.
If you pass the First Round you move on to the Second Round.
- one opera extract which you must study together with singers in front of the jury without previous rehearsal.
- one obligatory opera ensemble performed with singer and conductor.
- one a prima vista sample which you are to sing.
- one a prima vista sample, piano.
60 ECTS credits / 1 year full-time
Kind of programme
Language of instruction
Swedish and English
17 October 2022 – 16 January 2023
To be admitted to the course, 90 credits are required from studies at a music academy or equivalent, as well as an approved entrance examination.
Selection: based on entrance examination.