Performance Programme in Music
Opens for registration December 1, 2020
You apply at www.universityadmissions.se. With your application, you must attach samples of work according to the information that can be read in the audition information. You upload your samples of work to the Malmö Academy of Music via the link below. Read the audition information carefully so that you send the correct documents and that these are in the correct format. In order for your application to be seen as complete, all files and documents must be uploaded according to the instructions no later than January 25, 2021. After this date, your application will be handled as late registration and you may then miss your opportunity to be offered a place.
SAMPLES OF WORK
- Send four-five (4-5) representative samples of work in written form (scores as pdf-files) with detailed notes. Include live or synth recordings (as mp3-files) with detailed recording notes. It is important that you submit both scores and soundfiles. Read more about how to submit your work samples in separate instructions (see below)
- Include a written text stating the goals you have with your studies.
- Include a CV/Resumé detailing grades from previous studies, plus information on teachers, schools, level of previous studies and areas of specialisation. It is important that you also register grades etc. on www.universityadmissions.se
- Include complete notes on a work/works and preferably also comments.
Please note that all samples of work must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than January 25, 2021. After this date, your application will be handled as late registration and you may then miss your opportunity to be offered a place.
A panel will examine all applications and material received and then select candidates to be invited to an admission test at Malmö Academy of Music. The invitaiton is sent to the email address provided in your application. The invitation includes information on the date, time and place of the audition.
- The written test for Composition, Master’s level consists of a test in three parts: composition, counterpoint and instrumentation, plus an oral ear test.
- During the interview, all tasks carried out at the admission test are discussed, as are the submitted samples of work. The candidate can talk about his/her musicality and expectations of the programme and which skills he/she wishes to develop further.
- During the interview the candidate is also asked to select and play a short piano piece.
Instructions for electronic uploading of work samples
Check that you have signed up for the program you are applying for at www.universityadmissions.se
Choose the 4-5 scores you want to submit. Save them in PDF format and name each file with title_your initials_date of birth (year/month/day). Separate the data with underscores.
Example: Part1_LaJo_990230 (In the example, the applicant is named Lars Jonsson born February 30, 1999)
It is important that you send in both scores and audio files for the material you want to use as a basis for assessing work samples. Choose the audio files you want to submit. Save them in MP3 format and name each file with title, initials and date of birth.
If you want to use links to YouTube, Soundcloud, your own website or similar as work samples, write full link names in a separate text document which you then save as a PDF. Name the PDF file according to the following example: Links_LaJo_990230
Save your other text documents in PDF formats and name them with title_initials_date of birth according to the following examples: CV_LaJo_990230, Plan_LaJo_990230 etc.
Create a new folder on your computer and MOST IMPORTANT - Name the folder with the abbreviation COMPMAS_your full name_date of birth (year/month/day).
Put all your files in the folder and save it on your computer. The folder must not exceed 5GB in size.
Open the link for uploading work samples. You will find the link further down on this page - Upload your work samples here
Download or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Enter the same email address as when you made your registration at www.universityadmissions.se. Upload!
When the upload is complete, you will receive a confirmation directly in the browser. Do not close the browser until the upload is complete.
If you have problems with the upload of your work samples, please contact us via email to admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
NOTE! It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete according to the description, that they are submitted in the correct format and are playable and that any links lead to the correct location. Never send your work samples to the admissions email. They will end up wrong and your application will not be considered complete.
Upload your work samples here no later than January 25, 2021
Key dates for your application
15 January: Last day of application. Sign up for the programme at www.antagning.se
22 January: Last completion day to prove your eligibility
25 January: Last day to upload your samples of work
Beginning of February: Invitation to audition at the Malmö Academy of Music to the email address provided in your application
March 8-14: Admission test at the Malmö Academy of Music for applicants with approved samples of work
April 13: Admissions results published
April 28: Last day to reply to your offer
For questions about admission to the Performance Programmes
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
Please note, that to meet the entry requirements for Master’s Level, you have to be able to demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent at the beginning of the semester.