Piano, classical specialization
MASTER'S PROGRAMME IN MUSIC · 120 CREDITS · 2 YEARS
The master's degree in Piano, classical specialization develops your independent ability to plan, perform and evaluate your musical skills.
During their studies, classical pianists should develop an autonomous ability to plan, use and evaluate their musical ability. In consultation with the piano teacher, both short-term and long-term goals are to be formulated concerning, for example, repertoire and piano technique. A pianist must also be able to integrate with their environment and have an understanding of the life in music that awaits on completion of their studies.
The piano tuition at the Malmö Academy of Music has the following focus areas:
• to provide the student with tools to analyse and perform repertoires from a variety of eras.
• to develop the student’s ability to rehearse so that rehearsals are as efficient as possible.
• to pay attention to the student’s individual conditions and learning style.
• to provide the student with opportunities to practise their public performance ability and to gain knowledge and skills concerning the psychological aspects of performance and learning: Performance Centre
• to develop perceptiveness and collaborative skills as a chamber musician.
Please note, that to meet the entry requirements for Master’s Level, you have to be able to demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent at the beginning of the semester.
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se