Admission to Master Programme, Church music – Arranging/Composition
PERFORMANCE PROGRAMME IN MUSIC | CHURCH MUSIC – ARRANGING/COMPOSITION
Key dates for your application
- Sign up for the programme at Antagning.se
Registration period: 1 December 2022 – 16 January 2023
- Last completion day to prove your eligibility is 25 January 2023.
- Early February, an invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
- Upload your samples of work by 25 January 2023. Read more about content and formats further down this page.
- Assessment of samples of work. A jury assesses your samples of work. Applicants with approved samples and instrumental performance are invited for an interview. The invitation is sent to the email address you provided when you made your application.
- The achievement test is sent out via email and completed during the first week in March 2022. Interviews are conducted either on site at Malmö Academy of Music or online. The exact day and time are stated in the invitation.
- Admission decision 1: 12 April 2023 on My pages at Antagning.se
- Deadline for accepting your place through My pages at Antagning.se is 26 April 2023.
- Admission decision 2: 10 May 2023 on My pages at Antagning.se
Samples of work
- You must submit at least three (3) and max six (6) arrangements/compositions – noted and preferably recorded (live or synthesized). Audio files must be in MP3 format and notes in PDF format.
The samples of work must be uploaded to Malmö Academy of Music via the link below no later than 25 January 2023.
- The achievement test consists of composition and arrangement tasks, such as tasks in chamber music and vocal / choir music as well as instrumentation for orchestra.
The achievement test is sent out via email and completed during the first week in March 2023. Interviews are conducted on site at Malmö Academy of Music or online.
Instructions for uploading samples of work
- Make sure you have signed up for the programme you are applying for at Universityadmissions.se or Antagning.se
- Save the 4-5 scores you want to submit as PDFs and name each file with title_your initials_date of birth (year / month / day). Separate the data with underscores.
Example: Part1_LaJo_990230 (In this example the applicant is named Lars Jonsson and was born on 30 February, 1999)
- Save the audio files you want to submit in MP3 format and name each file with title, initials and date of birth.
- If you want to use links to YouTube, Soundcloud, your own website or similar as work samples, write full link names in a separate text document and save it as a PDF. Name the PDF file according to the following example: Links_LaJo_990230
- Save your other text documents as PDF too and name them with title_initials_date of birth.
Examples: CV_LaJo_990230, Plan_LaJo_990230 etc.
- Create a new folder on your computer and most importantly – name the folder with the abbreviation of your full name_date of birth (year/month/day). Example: LarsJonsson_990230
- Put all your files in the folder and compress it into a ZIP file (do not use RAR files, we cannot open these). The folder must not exceed 5 GB.
- Click on the link further down this page for uploading samples of work.
- Upload or drag the entire folder from your computer into the upload window. Enter the same email address you used when you made your registration at Universityadmissions.se or Antagning.se
- You will receive a confirmation message directly in the browser when the upload is complete, do not close the browser until you have received it.
- If you have problems uploading your work samples, please contact us via email: admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se
Please note: It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the work samples are complete and that they are submitted in the correct format and that any links lead to the correct location. Never send your work samples to the admission email. They will end up in the wrong place and your application will not be considered complete.
In order to meet the entry requirements for a Master’s programme you have to be able to demonstrate a Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent at the beginning of the term.
admissions [at] mhm [dot] lu [dot] se